Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Wonderful Day

I just wrote the last post this morning, and felt moved to write again tonight.  I had a wonderful day, the best so far since we came home!  Chip was home since it was Saturday, so that helped, and I just felt more relaxed today with Hannah.  We spent the morning around the house, just spending time with the kids, then headed two blocks from our house to Dairy Queen for lunch.  When we got home, we got Hannah down for a nap and then a friend of mine picked me up to go see a movie.  It was so nice to get out of the house with no kids and escape responsibility for 2 hours!  We saw Letters to Juliet, which was a good movie.  I love to watch movies set in Italy, so I really enjoyed it.

I came home to two happy kids and a tired husband.  I am so thankful to have Chip.  My anxiety has been hard on him, and he's willing to do anything for me to help me get through this.  We had supper and then got the kids ready for bed.  Our bedtime routine was when some things different and very hopeful happened.  For the first time, Hannah actually paid attention to the stories, and also sat beside her brother in my lap without  complaining that she was having to share me with him!  It was so nice!  Just the way I'd always imagined it.  Then, even better, she was mostly quiet during the prayer, then listened and fell asleep as I sang lullabies.  Wow.  It touched my heart so much, and eased some of my anxiety over whether or not this would all work.  We are only at one week home, and Hannah has already settled in enough to enjoy her new bedtime routine.  I am so blessed.

I know not every night will go this smoothly, but I do know that many will.  I've been praying to feel God's presence lately during my struggles, and today I did.  I know He's there, and He's telling me it will all be alright.

6 comments:

Jeanette said...

So happy you had a good day! Both of your worlds have been turned upside down, but it sounds like Hannah is adjusting nicely. I'm sure things will only start to improve.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

So glad to hear you are feeling better! Hannah is so beautuful! What a blessing.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

So glad things feel better. I appreciate your honesty. Who knows how I will feel when we go to meet Luke....I know I had some of the feelings you said when our daughter (by birth) came along after having our son only for almost 10 years. Looking back, those first few weeks were kind of dark for me....our life changed so much!

Praying for you too!
Tammy

Unknown said...

You are all in our prayers and I am so glad things are looking up. Love you!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Just checking on you and wondering how you're doing....praying for you!

Tammy

mom2three said...

so happy to read this ;) I have been running around crazy with the holiday and the last week of school but have thought about you guys a lot. Look forward to seeing you again really soon Angela. {{hugs}}