Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 5 and More Photos!

Ok, I posted this yesterday morning but it didn't go through somehow, so I'm trying again:

Today we signed all the paperwork to make Shi Lin legally ours!!! 

We went afterward to a restaurant that specializes in dumplings, and they were delicious!  We also got to go to the hospital where Shi Lin was found when she was two days old.  The hospital had been remodeled, but we got to see where the original pediatrics area was where she was found, and also the new one, which they said is very similar to the old one.

Today we also went to the police department to apply for Shi Lin's passport.  While we were waiting, the women around us were delighted to have us there among us.  They continually said "piao lian," which means beautiful or handsome, about Miles and Shi Lin.  One lady gave us a bag of candy for the kids, and another told us that China loves us.  Their response to us was so touching to me.     

So now we are getting lots of attention, not only because we're westeners, but because we're westerners with a Chinese child.  Veronica is going to give us a piece of paper explaining that we adopted her, in case we decide to go out without her.

I finally had a chance to resize some of the photos to post.  For some reason, it seems here in China you can only attach small file sizes to emails, which is why I only posted 2 photos yesterday.  So here are a few from the trip, including us with our guide in Beijing, Grace.

We had a great time with Shi Lin yesterday, and she was even easy to put to bed and fell asleep very quickly!   And she slept all night.  I slept in one bed with her, Chip and Miles in another, and although she seemed to sleep very soundly, she moved around A LOT.  I had to keep moving her over so I could have enough room! J   When I woke up in the morning, the room was still dark, but I could faintly see her sleeping face.  It was so precious.  I've always loved just watching Miles's face while he's sleeping, and I already love watching Shi Lin's too.

In a few days, we plan to have Veronica explain to Shi Lin about her new American name.  We'll have her tell her that she will have a new name, and that we still love her Chinese name and will still call her that too.  In fact, we're already calling her the nickname her foster family called her, "Lin-lin."

Shi Lin continues to be so happy and doesn't seem to be having any problems adjusting to her new family and situation.  I thank God all the time for this blessing.  He has been so good to all of us.


6 comments:

Nicole said...

Look at Miles and Hannah together! It looks like they have know each other forever!
The photos are just beautiful!
Enjoy you time together!
Nicole

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Seeing Hannah Claire with Miles just looks like the two have always had each other. God knew she was your daughter from the beginning! I love the pics!

Tammy

Unknown said...

Angela! How many times am I going to cry?! The pictures are precious! I love the marshmallow pics...they look like best friends! =0) That picture with Chip tearing up...was that when y'all first got Shi Lin? That pic is priceless. Thanks for all the beautiful pics. Can't wait to see you soon!!

Moon_Melodies said...

I am so happy for you guys I am in tears. I hope the rest of your stay in China is awesome. What a beautiful family you have! And Makiko loves Ni Hao Kai Lan too! Take care!

-Melissa C

Stephanie said...

I love your blog and have been following for a while! She is so cute! We have been home almost 2 years with our little girl. She was 6 at adoption and has adjusted very well.

Congrats!
Stephanie
theracpac.com

mom2three said...

hey chica- NEED updates...I am wearing out my keyboard! hahaha Last day is day 5 on website. Hope you are all doing so good together!