Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Thursday, April 1, 2010

New Photos and We Have Our Travel Date!!!

Yesterday I got an email from our travel advisor and she said we'd know our travel date the next day.  So I woke up this morning and thought, "Wouldn't it be so awesome if we got new pictures of Hannah on the same day we got our travel date."  I didn't think we really would, so I didn't check my email right away.  But when I did, there they were--the photos from Hannah's birthday party!

It looks like she had wonderful party, and now we get to see that she has a foster father too.  They both seem to really love her, and I can't blame them.  She's so adorable and seems so sweet!  I know now more than ever that it will be tough on all of them when she leaves them next month.

Speaking of next month, drum roll, please...our travel date is May 6th!!!  And Gotcha Day is May 10th!!!  We finally know when we will meet our little girl!

Now I'm really motivated to get the rest of my projects done for Hannah.  I have another dress, a blanket, a purse, and a doll dress to make.  I just hope I can get to them today.  I've spent all morning printing photos and calling people, and now I need to let everyone know on facebook!

We are now at 35 days and counting!











9 comments:

Courtney said...

that's cool you get her so close to mothers day! She is cute...love the hair cut. She looks so tiny and petit! happy month of waiting!

Angela Griffin said...

Thank you, Courtney! Yeah, Mama pointed out that when we get her is the day after Mother's Day! Perfect!

And yes, she is petite, because I sent 3T and 4T size outfits, and I can tell the 4T's are way too big! So much for all these size 4 outfits I've been making. Oh well, she can grow into them!

Nicole said...

Angela,
I am so excited for you and your family! Hannah looks like such a beautiful and happy girl!May will be here before you know it!
Nicole

Amanda Deardorff said...

oh Angel! I'm so happy for you!!!! She seems so precious! I almost can't believe you'll have her in just a few short weeks. I will continue to pray for all of you and for little Hannah, that the transition will be as comfortable as possible for all of you. I love you!

Angela Griffin said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

Amanda, I can't believe she'll be here in just a few short weeks either! I was looking at Miles a few days ago sitting on the couch watching TV, and thought that soon, there will be a little girl sitting on the other end. It's so surreal sometimes!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I know you must be SO excited to have received updated pictures! Hannah looks so well cared for! She is a pretty girl! And May is so close....

Congratulations!
Tammy

The Tucker Troops said...

Oh Angela,

We just returned from Denver last night...wonderful news!! I was trying to read blogs on vacation but the internet was spotty. I'm so happy for you. Hannah Claire is just so beautiful. I love all the new pictures. I know you are rushing around trying to get ready. I'm praying for you! If you need anything, let me know.

God Bless,
Beth

Angela Griffin said...

Beth, you are so sweet! I may be emailing you soon with some questions specifically about microtia. I think we've emailed before, or contacted each other through a Yahoo Group. I'll be in touch soon (if I can remember to with all that's going on right now!). Thank you so much for your continued prayers.

Julie B said...

I just love these pics of Hannah- and I just love her foster family already! you can tell how much they love her and well cared for she is!