Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Praise the Lord!!!

I never knew we could request more infomation on our daughter from our agency, but I decided to try recently.  I asked a few questions about her, but the most important one I wanted answered was about her hearing.  The only information on her hearing we have on her just says "poor."  So I didn't know what to expect.  So I asked how well she can hear.  To my delight and utter amazement, they said Shi Lin has no trouble with hearing!!!  I really already felt this in my heart, but I wanted to prepare myself for the possibility of hearing issues we would need to help her overcome.  So now, a huge burden has been lifted off of my shoulders!  I feel so blessed, and that Shi Lin is so blessed.

This news will  help everyone's transition be a little smoother, I think. We'll all be able to comunicate verbally as we try to speak what little Mandarin we know, and as she learns to speak words in English.  That's the other thing.  This means she should have no trouble with hearing our language and learning to speak it.  Praise the Lord!!!

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Priase the Lord for your good news!! God is good!

Tammy

Amanda Deardorff said...

How wonderful! I know I keep saying it, but I'm so excited! My students are learning about China right now and we are going to talk about population growth regulations and adoption needs, so on and so forth. Would you mind me sharing about your story? They already know I have a cousin who is adopting and they think it is so neat! I wanted to share with them how minor issues like microtia (sp?) and clef pallets will be labeled as a disability when the child is not really disabled - thus causing them to be "less desirable." But sweet Hannah is desired!!!! And already loved!!! I just wanted to ask first before I used you as an example. Love you!