Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Monday, March 22, 2010

Dancing Stars Help with the Wait

I just finished watching the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars, and toward the end, I realized something.  Before this season is over I'll be in China with my little girl, probably even be bringing her home!  Wow, that thought makes it REALLY seem close. 

Last week I heard from our travel advisor again, and she informed me that our Article 5's were taken from the American Consulate in China over to the CCAA. The Article 5's are the paperwork that approves us to adopt Hannah.  From this point, it should be 2-3 weeks until we get our travel date!  She also said that she estimates we'll travel the last week in April.

Even though I like the cast of Dancing with the Stars this season, it just somehow doesn't seem quite as exciting as usual.  It can't hope to compare to the excitement I have of meeting my daughter for the first time, but I'm hoping it will help the time go by faster during these last weeks.

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Wow...praying you hear something on your travel soon! How exciting!

Tammy

Reena said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

We adopted our 2nd daughter this past January. She is just 2-years old and has bilateral microtia atresia. She is adjusting very well.

Your daughter is beautiful! Best Wishes to you for a speedy 35 days!