Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Traveling in TWO WEEKS!

We are now two weeks from our travel date!!!  I can't believe how fast this month has gone.  We found out our travel date on April 1st, and the time has just flown by!

We are well on our way to having things packed.  One area of our living room is covered with suitcases.  I'm doing lots of laundry lately, and packing clothes as I go.  We've went on a couple of shopping trips to get supplies for the trip, so those are all packed.  We still have a few miscellaneous things to get and we're done!  I so wanted to be packed and ready early, and it looks we will be!  It will be such a load off my shoulders to do it this way.  Hopefully, we'll be able to get up at 2 am on the 6th and not be too stressed with last-minute packing.

I wanted to post pictures of some more outfits I made for Hannah.  Below is the first one.  I sewed the dress, and crocheted the hat and purse.  Then I bought the flower hair clips and just clipped them on.  That way, I can change out the clips to coordinate with whatever outfit she's wearing.  I just love this outfit!





I'm perhaps the most proud about the following dress.  I had an Asian-style pattern that was crocheted on top and satin on bottom.  It only went up to 18 months, but I desperately wanted to see Hannah wearing it while we were in China, her sitting on the red couch at the White Swan.  So I did some calculations and enlarged the pattern.  I think it actually came out a little big, but I'll bring a needle and thread with me to China and make any adjustments needed.  I also reduced the pattern for her Bitty Baby doll, so she and her doll could match.  I can't wait to see Hannah in her dress holding her doll!



I'm almost finished with Hannah's blanket, and I'll post some pictures as soon as I'm done.  I have fabric for one more dress I wanted to make for her, but it may have to wait until some time after we get back.

5 comments:

The Tucker Troops said...

Two weeks! It's approaching quickly. You are so organized and so talented. I love Hannah Claire's dresses and hat. Just so beautiful! Following along with excitment for you!! Beth

Nicole said...

Yeah!!!Two weeks ! I love the outfits! I can not wait to see Hannah in them!
Nicole

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Oh my goodness, both of those outfits are precious! You're very talented and I can't wait to see Hannah wearing them either!

And that time has flown by since I first read that you were traveling! I should pick your brain about packing (I'm terrible at that)! I hope it comes quickly for you! I'll be following your journey! :)

Hugs,
Tammy

Jim and Debra Dixon said...

We are from the WC Yahoo group. Our daughter,Quinn is from Changchun as well. We got home 1/1/09 and live in the DFW area. I am so excited for you guys and can't wait to follow your journey. Changchun is a lovely city. The people are very gracious. Hannah Claire is beautiful! Blessings! Deb

mom2three said...

I am amazed!! Can you teach me too?