Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Monday, January 18, 2010

PICTURES!!!

Oh my goodness, this morning I got an email from Ann at Red Thread China that had pictures of Shi Lin attached!!! I had no idea she'd be able to get pictures to us so soon! When I realized there were pictures attached, I burst into happy tears. I already had a few pictures of her, but they were not current, not very clear, and didn't really show me what her life is like. But these new ones affirm to me that she is very well taken care of, something I've prayed so hard about. And Shi Lin is absolutely adorable! I don't know if her foster mother knows how much joy she brought to me when she took pictures of her with ponytails! It's just how I always imagined her! Actually, she's even cuter than I imagined!

With her foster mother, whom I am so grateful to for taking such good care of my little empress:




My favorite shot. The very first one at the top was cropped in from this one. Isn't she the most adorable little girl you've ever seen?! I can't wait to kiss those cheeks!

8 comments:

Jeanette said...

She is so beautiful!!!!!!!!!! And looks like such a happy and healthy little girl. Best of luck to you!!!!!

Nicole said...

Hannah is so big and beautiful!!!!! We just received photos of our care package this week too! I am hoping for just one updated photo from Ann! It sure makes this wait better!
She is so beautiful and looks so loved!!!!!
Nicole

Angela Griffin said...

I know, Nicole, I can't believe how big she looks! And she does look so well cared for, which is an answer to my prayers.

Angela Griffin said...

Thank you so much Jeanette, and God bless you in your journey to your little Russian princess! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

The Tucker Troops said...

Hi Angela, I am Beth, I saw your post on the atresia/microtia adoption group. Hannah is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations! We adopted our sweet girl, Lucey Lu, from China last March. She has Hemifacial Microsomia. She is doing great. Hears very well out of her good ear. You can read more about Lucey on our family blog. If you have any questions, I'm more than happy to help. Again---your little empress is gorgeous! So exciting.

Joanne said...

Wow!! How exciting for you and your husband. Loved your blog and your daughter looks just so happy and is so dang adorable!! My name is Joanne Bergstrom and I found your post on atresia/microtia adoption group. We adopted our dear Yuna at the age of 2 1/2 from China last April. Her hear is actually pretty good in her "lucky ear" and hearing is normal in her unaffected ear. You can read more about Yuna here: http://adopt.com/story/joanne.html Wishing you all the best! Joanne

Anonymous said...

Hi, I saw your request for UMA blogs from the Microtia group. Our daughter has been home over a year now and has UMA on her right side. I think you'll be surprised how little it affects hearing. Lydia is learning speech at a fairly normal pace and speaks clearly. There's lots of info on the NHBO site too.

Angela Griffin said...

Thank you all so much for your comments and for sharing your blogs. I can't tell you how comforting it is to read about you and your little girls. I am praying that our little Hannah is like so many other with her condition, and will be able to hear pretty well even with microtia. I will continue to follow all of your blogs. Thank you again!:)