Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Darling


My little empress is turning 4 today! I sent a birthday care package last week, but it probably hasn't arrived yet, so I hope Shi Lin's foster mother will do something special for her. I wish so bad I could celebrate with her. It's such a strange feeling to not be with my child on her birthday.

It was a little over six months ago that I first saw Shi Lin's precious face in those referral pictures. I had wished so bad that we could be going to China around her birthday, but it was not to be. I can't wait for all the future birthdays she'll celebrate with us! I was at the store a few weeks ago looking for birthday decorations for Miles's party, and Tinkerbell and her friends caught my eye. I wanted so bad to be buying those for Hannah's party. I've never gotten to do a "girly" birthday theme. I'll get to next year for sure!

I know Shi Lin has no idea how much I love her and will be thinking about her all day (if it's even possible for me to think about her more than I already do!). I wish she could know that I hope she has the best and happiest birthday a four-year-old can have.

At the top of this post is the cover of the birthday card I made for Shi Lin and sent with her package. It says, "Happy Birthday, Darling," and on the inside I put, "Happy Birthday, We Love You."

2 comments:

The Tucker Troops said...

Happy Birthday Hannah Claire!!

How much I know and understand how bad you want to be with your daughter on her birthday....hang in there. She is the sweetest!

I absolutely love your blog decor. It's lovely...you have done a beautiful job with it. I was messing around with mine the other day...wasting time and didn't even end up with a good result. I'm still playing around with it. It's a learning process.

Have a Blessed day,
Beth

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful Hannah Claire too! I hope you get to travel soon to bring her home! It is so hard to wait, isn't it? Next year though, we'll have our little ones home with us! I will look forward to coming over here and seeing your post NEXT YEAR on her birthday! :)

I saved your blog and I'll be following along on your journey too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet comment!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Tammy