Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Breakthrough

As I am writing this, something is happening in our house that I've dreamed about for years.  And it's been going on for almost an hour straight.  My two children are happily playing together!  This is a real breakthrough for them.  I mean, they've played together before, of course, but this time they've got a little storyline going, and they seem to understand each other pretty well.  This is so welcome after three and a half months of a lot of fighting, and when they weren't  fighting, Hannah was my shadow, which has been hard on me.  Miles also was using what little Mandarin he knows to communicate with Hannah, in spite of my efforts to encourage him to speak English to her so she'd learn it quicker.  He would also sort of just make up his own language sometimes, that sounded like Mandarin, but was really just jibberish.  But the past week I've noticed he's started speaking to her in English, and as a result, she seems to be using more English herself.

Like I said, I've dreamed for years of having two children, and hearing the sounds of them happily playing.  God has made that dream come true today.  I know there will still be all the normal fighting, but I think today there has been a breakthrough, and it will only get better!

Here they are playing.  They did completely mess up my bed, but it is so worth it for the harmony between the two of them!


Just look at them.  I am the most blessed of mothers.

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

I love this, Angela! It makes me think of the Bible verse that I stood on for years....He shall make you the joyous mother of CHILDREN (notice it's plural)! God is good! I'm so happy for you! They look so cute too!

Tammy

Wholsome said...

Finding out your partner is cheating on you is the last discovery you’d want to make. However, the sooner you know, the better. That underscores the importance of using reliable and effective hacking and spying services from ' hackingloop6@gmail .com ' to track your partner's conversations. Knowing who your spouse is talking to and what they are talking about can change a lot, also knowing the locations at any given time. 'hackingloop6@gmail .com, is a reliable and legit hacker, you can also reach him on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785, and thank me later.