Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Our Laid Back Summer

Today Hannah saw two of her water bottles on the counter and said, "Mommy!  One, two!"  I was so proud, and ran to her and gave her a big kiss.  Later, I knocked my shin on the edge of the open dishwasher and cried out in pain.  I asked her to kiss my bo-bo, which she did.  I went back to the dishes, and Hannah ran to the bathroom and brought me back a band-aid.  She is such a caring, sensitive person. And so precious.

Hannah's seems to be learning more and more English words.  I believe now that in just a few months, she'll be speaking so much and so clearly, you won't be able to tell she wasn't here in the U.S. all her life.  She recently started to say "hurt" instead of the Chinese word for it, and she says "cow" every time we get in the car.  Speaking of cows, we went out this morning to the farm where we buy our organic eggs and raw milk, and she was making sure the whole way that we were indeed going to see the cows.  She kept saying, "Mommy, cow!"  And I kept reassuring her, "Yes, we are going to see the cows."  Going to the farm has really helped her feel more comfortable around animals, and to learn their names.  While she still doesn't want to pet any of them, she'll actually get down out of my arms and walk around sometimes, until one of the dogs or cats gets too close, and then she's climbing me.  I think a few more trips will take care of that fear.

Miles and Hannah are growing closer and getting along better.  Sometimes I'm so amazed at how quiet it is around here with two kids in the house.  It's not all the time, of course, but those times I find them playing quietly together, or even just side-by-side on their toy laptops is so heartwarming.  I love seeing my children connecting and growing in their sibling bond.

My sister and her family just recently met Hannah a couple of weeks ago.  My sister had her baby while we were flying back from China, and we wanted to play it safe around her and wait until Hannah's blood test results came back.  She has no illnesses, but she did have to get to immunizations, and is still being treated for giardia.  She couldn't keep the antibiotics for it down, so we switched to a natural herbal treatment.  We have two more weeks to go with that, then we'll do more stool samples to see if it did the trick.  Please keep her in your prayers.  As long as she has giardia, it will be hard for her to gain any weight.

We've been enjoying our laid-back summer.  While there's nothing wrong with having lots of activities over the summer, we're loving just mostly staying home, getting to know each other better, settling into a routine.  I'm feeling so much better lately, and am able to focus more on the things that are important, the little things.   Like wrapping up Hannah in a blanket and holding her like a baby and talking to baby talk to her, sometimes even feeding her a water bottle full of milk.  She asks me to do this every day now and LOVES it.  I'm looking at picture books more with her, pointing to pictures and telling her what the objects and animals are called.  And as I've said before, she loves to be in the kitchen with me, and I let her help as much as I can.  All these are little things I just wouldn't have time for if we were scheduled to do activities most days.  I feel so blessed to have this precious time with both of my children, and especially with Hannah, since she has missed out on so much already.

Brother and sister bonding.


At my sister's house with the new baby.
Miles and Hannah with their cousins.
Father's Day
The 4th of July at Mei-Feng Ayi's house.
Meeting one of her cousins.
Another one from the 4th.  Hannah has no shortage of Ayis!

5 comments:

The Tucker Troops said...

I was just checking in on you and read your latest entry...you are doing so well! So glad to read your summer is nice and relaxed; although I know you are busy with two kiddos. I'm sure never a dull moment. At least that's the case around here. :-) Hannah looks so great. What a beautiful family!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

That's the perfect way to spend your time with Hannah and Miles! I'm so glad to hear things are going so well! Have fun and and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Tammy

Angela Griffin said...

Thank you so much, Tammy and Beth. I really am settling in and actually enjoying life with two kids. It's becoming everything I imagined it would be. In spite of the struggles I've had, I wouldn't go back to the way it was before, with only one child. Both of my kids are a blessing to my husband and I, and to each other.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

What a beuatiful little girl!!! And a beautiful family. Have fun, they grow up way too fast!!!

Wholsome said...

This cyber genius will assist you, if you ever wish to recover lost documents or files that couldn't be traced for a long time due to the demise of a partner or due to divorce, I strongly recommend you consult him at 'hackingloop6@gmail. com' for any hack related issues. I have used him a couple times and he has never disappointed me,His services include : Recovering of lost files/documents, bypassing social media security, Spying on accounts/cellphones, retrieving deleted text messages or accounts, bank account top ups, credit card top up, all social media hacks. You can also reach out to him if your funds are hanging in online trading platforms like expert-option ,cal financial, Analyst , coinspot, Ctx Prime, Fix Credit Score and many more. 'hackingloop6@gmail. com, is also reachable on WhatsApp +1(484)540 - 0785. He is a legit and reliable hacker, his customer service and efficiency is top notch, and his services are ethical and affordable..