Hannah Claire Shi Lin

Monday, December 15, 2008

Hoping for a Baby

Miles and I met our social worker a couple of weeks ago, then yesterday afternoon, she came to our house to meet Chip and my parents. She talked to us about the process of adoption, and told us the hard truth about the conditions that many Chinese orphans live in. It was so difficult for me to hear, but I needed to hear it. Because of what we heard about the harsh and horrendous life those children have, Chip and I have decided to request a younger child. Before, we had wanted an 18-month to 24-month old, but now we want as young as we can get, so that our child will have to endure those conditions for as little time as possible.
I'm very excited about the prospect of getting a baby! For a while I resisted the idea, but lately, even before our social worker's home visit, my motherly instinct started kicking in again and I found myself wanting to know my second child as a baby, to have those baby pictures to look back on and to have those baby memories. Of course, it is up to God what age child we actually get, but I am praying for a baby now and I so look forward to doing the baby stuff a second time around (well, except for maybe the changing diapers part!).
Please keep us in your prayers as we continue on our journey. We are now starting to really get the paperwork together and I'm beginning to feel a little overwhelmed. But with God's strength, we'll make it through.

1 comment:

Amanda Deardorff said...

oh wow! I was thinking about ya'll on Sunday. I hope everything went well with the interviews!